QA / Test Manager – Dr. Bug Seeker
We are looking for a QA / Test manager to join our team.
We are passionate about building the future using cutting-edge technology to improve people's lives.
A perfect Bug Seeker candidate will be highly customer focused, obsessed with excellence and approaches quality testing with a user-first mentality. We do really care of maintaining high standards quality of our projects as Elon Musk and SpaceX care of bringing humans to Mars.
You should enjoy continuous exploring and challenging the products every day by executing manual and automated high-level test strategies based on a data driven quality approach, enhance quality assurance practices, and report findings to the whole team.
Dr. Bug Seeker will be a strong advocate of great quality, and will be equipped with an equally great planning and optimization mindset.
If all this sounds exciting to you, then come help us build the future!
What you will do
- You work with a cross-functional team of frontend developers, backend developers, designers and product owners to ensure that frontend and backend applications are running at a high-quality level at all times.
- You are in line with the business and development team members to understand the product vision and every little feature detail in its entirety.
- You take responsibility of signing off regularly on pre-deployment test versions of frontend and backend applications in order to ensure a smooth and bug-free live deployment of a new version of the application.
- You create all necessary test cases for frontend and backend applications based on their feature specifications. Making sure that the respective application succeeds in all test cases will be a necessity to get a sign-off for any new live deployment of it.
- You report on the execution of test plans and collaborate with the team to turn possible bugs into well-defined and clearly planned bug tickets
- You define measurable metrics to gauge progress against objective QA goals.
- Understand how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and develop automated QA systems in collaboration with DevOps engineers that fit the overall strategy
- Work with a team of QA professionals and coach them on overall testing guidelines.
Who you are
- Someone who has a sense of humor.
- You have a clear idea about the Software Development Life Cycle and where QA department fits in there.
- You are very knowledgeable about computer applications, systems or tools commonly used to track QA aspects of a software product offering. TestRail, Jira and Confluence are our preferred tools.
- You have years of experience working as a QA engineer, ideally having at one point worked with cross-functional software product teams in a Senior role using agile development methods.
- You write bug tickets in a way that developers instantly understand what the issue is and are able to fix it without any questions asked.
- You create test cases in an exhaustive fashion. If an application passes all of your test cases, it is definitely good to go.
- An excellent end-to-end understanding of the QA processes, organization and techniques to drive quality into the product comes naturally to you.
- To make the quality of the products visible to the organization, you are able to generate precise and concise functional testing metrics and measures of quality.
- You can also project, track, assess and report on the adherence to these metrics.
- You are capable to work with and understand the needs of frontend and backend developers clearly, and communicate in a language that they understand.