Backend Engineer – API’s hacker
We are looking for the best Backend Developer to join our team.
We are passionate about building the future using cutting-edge technology to improve people's lives.
The API’s Hackers is the teamresponsible for creating and supporting all API's and services that power our apps and handle our users’ data. Employees in this role work closely with our frontend, quality assurance, and product teams to create a user experience that fulfill the highest expectation.
We are building our backend services primarily in Node.js and PostgreSQL and deploy to a globally distributed infrastructure hosted on Azure and Amazon Web Services. One of the primary responsibilities for our backend team is implementing and maintaining highly efficient API endpoints, workers and services that can scale to support a rapidly growing resources environment. We highly value having experience with queuing services, in-memory data stores, websocket management, monitoring and alerts, and continuous integration techniques.
You will work closely with members of the frontend team to develop features together and collaborating with each other to maximize quality assurance to maintain high standards.
We encourage our developers to experiment and elaborate new incredible hacking techniques giving the freedom to work hard and fast while being mindful of keeping our apps highly performant.
If all this sounds exciting to you, then come and be part of building the future!
What you will do
- Design and develop distributed, resilient and high-performing backend services using Node.js.
- Design, develop and optimize SQL based models and statements for data access, including stored procedures, views, schemas, triggers and functions to support applications and / or integrations. These can range from basic CRUD to complex commands that fetch and manage data across multiple tables, databases instances and servers.
- Write efficient and concise SQL queries for reporting data metrics and managing the integrity of the data within databases.
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors and performance issues that occur within the backend infrastructure.
- Keep code maintainable through extensive documentation and automated tests.
- Create relevant technical documentation and keep it up to date.
- Work within a diverse team of developers, designers, testers and product owners.
Who you are
- Someone who has a sense of humor.
- A strong self-starter, operationally focused; a problem-solver.
- You are experienced in writing and maintaining API's in a production level environment (preferably with Node.js).
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL).
- Solid understanding of domain based design, data modeling and data structures.
- Experience with Azure, AWS or other cloud service.
- Experience with DevOps practices.
- You care about code quality and know the importance of delivering high quality code bug free.
- You are a team player and have no problem working on a source with other developers.
- You enjoy solving inefficiencies and you are self-motivated.