Android Engineer - APKs Magicians
We are looking for incredible Android Developers to join our team.
We are passionate about building the future using cutting-edge technology to improve people's lives.
The APKs Magicians is the team responsible for developing the fastest, the greatest and the best-in-class user experience high-performance Android apps. When people use our apps they will think that there is some magic behind it!
We are building our apps with Kotlin but is highly valuable if you also know Java in order to jump into existing native coding bases when required.
We encourage our developers to experiment and elaborate new astonishing magic tricks giving the freedom to work hard and fast while being mindful of keeping our apps highly performant.
You will be part of the decision-making process of which features are most important to build first. You will also help set up our team processes for testing and deployment and set the tone for mobile team culture.
If all this sounds exciting to you, then come and be part of building the future of mobile applications!
What you will do
- Contribute to existing Android apps by adding new features and improving existing ones.
- Help in building Android apps ensuring performance and quality.
- Implement features, based on both wireframes and completed designs.
- Create interfaces that are highly optimized.
- Stay up to date on the latest developments of the Kotlin language and share your insights.
- Keep code maintainable through extensive documentation and automated tests.
- Create relevant technical documentation and keep it up to date.
- Conduct peer reviews of your fellow Android developers’ code to stay up to date with the entirety of the app’s source and provide your own feedback along the way.
- Work within a diverse team of developers, designers, testers and product owners.
Who you are
- Someone who has a sense of humor.
- A strong self-starter, operationally focused; a problem-solver.
- You are experienced in building mobile apps using Kotlin / Java
- Familiar with the MVVM pattern.
- You are familiar with Retrofit 2, Realm, RxJava and Git.
- You have worked on a few Android projects and have at least one app on the Play Store or a project that you can tell us about.
- You have a portfolio of Apps or SDKs available in the App Store or Google Play.
- You have worked with web services before (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- You care about code quality and know the importance of delivering high quality code bug free.
- You are a team player and have no problem working on a source with other developers.
- You enjoy solving inefficiencies and you are self-motivated.
- Your level of English is good and you are eager to improve.